California Residents Only
Categories of Personal Information Collected
- Identifiers including company name, legal name, address, corporate URL, email address, fax number, phone number, tax ID, VAT ID, legal form of the company, parent company, DUNS number, references, parent company annual revenue, number of permanent employees, and year company was founded.
- Commercial information, including goods/services supplied, product/service portfolio, countries your products/services are available, countries you are producing goods or supplying services from, whether you are a current or past supplier, key account manager and contact information, pricing information and certifications.
Consumers/Policyholders & Claimants (Personal and Commercial Business)
Identifiers including insured name, mailing address, date of birth, social security number and/or FEIN #, years in business, financials and summary of experience (if new entity), email address, website address, and phone number.
- Underwriting information, which may include photos of insured properties, inventories of personal business property, and loss payee name and loss history.
- Other information, which may include a unit schedule and description of units, prior insurance company, driver information (name, date of birth, driver’s license # and state and social security #), and premises/location address.
- If you choose to pay your premium using our website, information regarding your credit card or bank account will be requested and used only for the purposes of premium payment.
Identifiers including name, mailing address, email address, social security number, employment history, education history, bank routing and account number (for direct deposit), social security number and inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile reflecting the employee’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, abilities, and aptitude.
Identifiers including name, mailing address, phone number, fax number, email address, DBA or C/O, federal tax ID, E&O carrier, E&O policy number, social security number, and location information.
The Sources for Collecting Personal Information
You provide this information to us when submitting an application and entering into a contract with us to allow us to manage the application process, assess and confirm your suitability for the specific product/service and to contact you as needed throughout the course of business.
Consumers/Policyholder & Claimants
You provide this information to us when submitting an application to allow us to underwrite the risk, set a premium for the policy, and, if applicable, adjust claims.
This information is collected and used to evaluate your application for employment, to register you as a new employee, and to enroll you in benefits.
You provide this information upon entering into an agency agreement with us.
Third Parties with Whom We May Share Personal Information
Regulatory officials and law enforcement as required.
Consumers/Policyholder & Claimants
Regulatory officials and law enforcement as required, lienholders or mortgagees, information analytics and research vendors (for actuarial, underwriting, and product development purposes), insurance software companies, insurance agents, reinsurance brokers, inspection vendors, attorneys, court reporters, arbitrators, mediators, fire and/or police departments, ladder assists, salvage, subrogation, contractors engineer, temporary accommodations, and repair networks, and other insurance carriers.
Regulatory officials and law enforcement as required, background check vendors, licensing vendors, corporate credit card vendors, continuing education vendors, travel vendors, agents, social media, health carriers, retirement plan custodians and eVerify.
Regulatory officials and law enforcement as required, policyholders, insurance software companies, insurance agents, phone system vendors, social media, outside counsel as needed regarding claims, lienholders, reinsurers, mail service vendors, research vendors, and printing vendors.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. In the past 12 months, we have not sold your personal information.
Your Rights Pertaining to Your Personal Information
The CCPA grants you particular rights (subject to certain exceptions) with respect to your personal information that companies may hold about you. Each of your rights is outlined in more detail below:
Requests for Copy, Deletion and Right to Know
Subject to certain exceptions, California consumers have the right to make the following requests, at no charge, up to twice every 12 months:
The right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months.
The right to request deletion of their personal information that we have collected about you. Please note that California law provides you this right subject to certain exemptions that may apply (for example, where the information is used by us to detect security incidents, debugging, to comply with a legal obligation, or otherwise not subject to a deletion request).
Right to Know:
You have the right to request that we tell you how we have handled your personal information in the prior 12 months, including:
- the categories of personal information we collected, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose
- the categories of sources from which we collected personal information
- the business or commercial purposes for collecting and selling your personal information
- The categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed for a business purpose your personal information and the specific categories of personal information sold or disclosed to each category of third party
How to Exercise Your Rights
In order to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us by:
- Call us at 1.855.225.5597
- Email us at Contactus@kwspecialty.com and request a form to complete.
- Go to www.kwspecialty.com and submit a request form online.
We may need to request specific and/or additional information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access or delete your personal information. This is a security measure designed to prevent the disclosure of your personal information to a person who has no right to receive it. We will only use this information to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
We will deliver our written response to you. We will not charge you a fee for access to your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, excessive, or manifestly unfounded, or we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We will not be obligated to respond to more than two requests for data access/data portability in a 12-month period. Any responses will cover the 12-month period preceding your request.
Incentives and Discrimination:
The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California consumers for exercising their rights under the CCPA and imposes requirements on any financial incentives offered to California consumers related to their personal information. Businesses may offer different prices, rates, or quality of goods or services if the difference is reasonably related to the value of the consumer’s data.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. To do so, you will need to either:
- Provide us a written document authorizing another individual to submit a request on your behalf.
- You or your authorized agent may provide us with a valid power of attorney that complies with the provisions of sections 4000-4465 of the California Probate Code.
The Request & Verification Process
Once you have submitted a request, we will contact you to confirm receipt of your request and to verify and match you to personal information that KW Specialty Insurance Company may have collected about you within the last 12 months.
The degree of verification needed will depend on the type of request you make, and the nature of the personal information we have collected. We will usually need to match at least two or three pieces of personal information to the personal information contained in the KW Specialty Insurance Company records. We may also ask you to sign a form of sworn declaration in certain instances, if you request us to send you a copy of the specific pieces of personal information we have about you, or to delete certain types of personal information.
If we decline to fulfill your request, in whole or in part, for any reason required or permitted by the CCPA, we will notify you of the reason we are declining to fulfill your request. If we can partially fulfill your request, we will do so.
We will attempt to fulfill your request within 45 days. If we are unable to do so within the 45-day period, we will notify you that we need some additional time (up to 45 additional days), along with an explanation why we need the extra time
For More Information:
For questions or concerns about the business’s privacy policies and practices please contact us via the same phone number or website used to exercise your rights listed above.